These Easy Baked Pork Chops only require a few spices to really make them stand out. They are juicy, tender, and full of flavor.
People absolutely rave about my recipe for the Perfect Thick Cut Pork Chop. It’s about time I share an Easy Baked Pork Chop Recipe for those of you who prefer the boneless variety. A good pork chop doesn’t require much in the way of seasoning so I’ve kept things super simple in this recipe. It doesn’t get much easier than this!
Baked Pork Chops are incredible simple to make. You will have better results if you purchase pork chops that have been cut about 1-inch thick. This will help prevent your meat from drying out. There’s nothing worse than a dry pork chop! Any thinner than 1 inch and you will most likely end up with dry, flavorless meat.
How long to bake pork chops?
The length of time that you need to bake a pork chop depends on the thickness of your meat as well as whether or not is bone-in. Searing your meat before baking will also impact the cooking time. A good rule of thumb is 7 minutes of baking in a 400 degree oven per half inch of meat. If you sear your meat beforehand, reduce that amount of 2 minutes. If your pork chop has a large bone, you may need to add a few minutes to the cooking time. Pork needs to be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Let your meat rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting into it.
This pork recipe can easily be added to in order to create a one pan dinner. Toss some green beans in some olive oil and salt and pepper and surround the pork on a baking sheet for some roasted green beans and pork. Broccoli would work well too.
For more great tips and ideas, watch the video below where I walk you through every step of this recipe in The Stay At Home Chef Cooking Show. Sometimes it helps to have a visual and we’ve always got you covered.
How to Make Baked Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Rub each pork chop with olive oil.
- In a small bowl mix together salt, pepper, paprika, and onion powder. Season all sides of the pork chop with this mix. Place seasoned pork chops onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (which will depend on how thick the pork chops are).Serve hot.