This Super Easy Olive Oil Pasta is a simple side dish that is quick to make and easily customizable to become a full meal. Just add meat and veggies!
Need a super easy pasta recipe to keep up your sleeve? This one is perfect! It’s super simple and easy to make, and is full of wonderful garlic and olive oil flavor. You can serve it up as a side dish or add some meat and veggies for a complete meal. It’s a versatile recipe that’s worth holding onto! While similar to a classic Italian dish, Aglio e Olio, this recipe is not the same dish.
This recipe needs a high-end olive oil, as it makes a huge difference in the final flavor. Olive oil is the featured flavor here and you need one that is quality. It’ll make all the difference so be sure to use a good one. Be sure to use an extra virgin olive oil for best flavor.
Be sure to cook your pasta in salted water for this recipe. I’ve even listed it as an ingredient and in the instructions. You want the pasta to soak up some of the salty water to season your pasta. You can always add more salt to taste if needed.
Want to use a different shape of pasta? Go right ahead! This recipe will work well with angel hair, linguine, penne, and more!
Looking for something to serve this with? It can be served by itself, or serve it with one of these options to make it a complete meal!
- Grilled Lemon Herb Chicken Skewers
- Lasagna Stuffed Chicken
- Italian Stuffed Chicken
- Chicken Parmesan
- Grilled Vegetables
- Roasted Broccoli
- Easy Sauteed Mushrooms
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Olive Oil Pasta
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add in 2 tablespoons salt to the water and cook the pasta according to package directions.
- In a small saucepan, pour in 1/4 cup olive oil and heat over low heat for 60 seconds. Add in garlic and red pepper flakes. Stir and cook 60 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Pour olive oil mixture over the cooked and drained pasta. Add in additional 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Pour in lemon juice and parsley and toss until pasta is coated.