The Most Amazing Brownies are the perfect chewy fudge squares of chocolate. You’ll never buy a boxed brownie mix again!
Looking for the perfect brownie recipe? Look no further! We tested 12 boxed brownie mixes on our live show and threw our old homemade brownie recipe into the mix. Surprisingly, they didn’t win! All our friends and neighbors thought they would, but alas, they did not.
We went back to the drawing board to come up with the ultimate homemade brownie recipe that could knock any boxed mix out of the water. This is the recipe that can beat them all!
What kind of chocolate chips should I use?
We used Guittard Milk Chocolate chips in this recipe to give a contrast between dark and milk chocolate. If you are a fan of dark chocolate, use semi-sweet chocolate chunks.
What kind of cocoa powder should I use?
We used Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder in this recipe. It was tested with Guittard red dutch process and Ghiradelli unsweetened cocoa powder. Hershey’s was our favorite.
Can I add nuts to this recipe?
Absolutely! Finely chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts can easily be added to this recipe. We recommend 1/2 to 2/3rds cup of chopped nuts.
Do you have the metric measurements for this recipe?
Metric measurements provide the most accurate, easy to replicate results. The metric measurements for this recipe are included in the notes section of the recipe card below. These measurements were not run through a conversion calculator, but rather hand weighed and tested.
Should I use a metal or glass pan?
You can use either. For crispier crusts and edges, use a metal pan. For glass pans, you may need to add up to 5 minutes of baking time.
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. This video is a part of our live series. You can watch our live videos on Facebook or YouTube every Thursday at 1:00 pm Eastern, noon Central, 10am Pacific.
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup melted milk chocolate chips
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a metal 9x9 pan with parchment paper.
- Pour melted butter into a large mixing bowl. Whisk in sugar by hand until smooth, 30 seconds.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk 1 minute.
- Whisk in melted chocolate until combined and smooth.
- Use a rubber spatula to stir in flour, cocoa powder, and salt until just combined. Stir in whole chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth out.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Let cool in pan 30 minutes before slicing.
141 grams salted butter, melted
207 grams granulated sugar
2 large eggs
12 grams vanilla extract
114 grams melted milk chocolate chips
99 grams all-purpose flour
25 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
175 grams milk chocolate chips
Bake at 176 degrees Celsius