The Ultimate Slutty Brownies are made with our tried and true chocolate chip cookie dough, a center layer of Oreo cookies, and are topped off with our famous brownie recipe that has survived dozens of blind taste tests. These layers of dessert goodness are then finished off with crumbled Oreo and chocolate chips for the ultimate over the top dessert!
Slutty Brownies rose to internet fame when The Londoner came up with the viral name to describe a brownie recipe with layers of cookie dough and oreo on the popular website Kevin and Amanda. We’ve taken this internet sensation and combined it with our now famous base recipe for The Best Brownies Ever to create the ultimate slutty brownie.
My Other Recipes
What makes our recipe the best? We first conducted an extensive blind taste test of every brownie mix on the market and pitted it against our own brownie recipe. When our recipe came in third place, we went back to the drawing board to create a new recipe that could beat them all. After 20 rounds of recipe development, we created a new brownie recipe that was able to withstand our blind taste test, proving itself to be the best brownie recipe ever. We’ve taken our tried and true chocolate chip cookie recipe we’ve been using for over 25 years, layered on some Oreos, and topped it off with our new best brownie recipe. It is perfection in every layer. We’ve also added crushed Oreos and chocolate chips on top for the ultimate finish. This over the top dessert is sure to be a favorite!
PRO TIP: Be sure to line your pan with parchment paper. Not only will this prevent your brownies from sticking, it also creates a nice little carrier that allows you to easily remove your brownies in one solid slab. This is especially important for a recipe like this that involves lots of heavy layers.
Do you have to use regular Oreos for slutty brownies?
While slutty brownies are traditionally made with classic or Double Stuffed Oreos, that doesn’t mean you can’t get creative and give other flavors a try. The S’mores, Red Velvet, Golden, and some other flavors of Oreos should go great with this recipe. Be warned that the crazier Oreo flavors like watermelon will not be the best match.
How long do I need to let slutty brownies cool before eating?
Waiting for the brownies to cool before eating them is probably the hardest part of any good brownie recipe. Letting your brownies cool completely before slicing into them is not only for safety, but will improve the texture and taste of the brownie. Brownies are still cooking when you pull them out of the oven. They need this cooling time to finish baking, firm up, and become the tasty treat you love.Be warned that should you be unable to resist the warm brownie, the center may still be undercooked and you will not be able to get clean slices out of the pan.
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Ultimate Slutty Brownies
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar tightly packed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons salted butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 20 Oreo Cookies divided
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a metal 9x9 pan with parchment paper.
- Make the cookie layer. In a large mixing bowl use a hand mixer to cream together softened butter with brown sugar and white sugar. Add in egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Add in baking soda, salt, and flour and mix until just combined. Use a rubber spatula or spoon to stir in chocolate chips.
- Press cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Arrange 16 Oreo cookies on top.
- Make the brownie layer. Pour melted butter into a large mixing bowl. Whisk in sugar by hand until smooth, 30 seconds. Add in eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk 1 minute. Whisk in melted chocolate until combined and smooth. Use a rubber spatula to stir in flour, cocoa powder, and salt until just combined.
- Gently pour on top of the Oreo layer in the prepared pan. Crush remaining Oreo cookies and sprinkle on top and spread remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips on top as well.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-55 minutes. Cool completely before removing from the pan and slicing.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!