Cream Cheese Chicken Sliders are a delicious dinner made with a homemade BBQ sauce and slow cooked in a crockpot. The secret ingredient of juicy pineapple adds the most amazing sweetness and tanginess to the recipe. Minimal effort, maximum taste!
Have we gushed over how much we love our crockpot lately? Temperatures are blazing hot in the midwest, and we are looking for ways to keep our house as cool as possible, which means keeping the stove and oven off at all costs! Enter: the crockpot. Our house stays cool, prep time is super fast, and then the crockpot takes over to do the real work. At the end of the day, you are well rested from not over-working in the kitchen, and you have the most tender, flavorful chicken. What’s not to love? Trust us and add this to your meal plan ASAP!
In this recipe, the pineapple serves a dual purpose. It not only adds a sweet, juicy flavor to the sliders but also helps tenderize the chicken. By cooking the chicken with the pineapple, the natural enzymes in the fruit help break down the proteins in the chicken, resulting in a tender, juicy final product. Trust us, you won’t want to skip on the pineapple in this recipe!
Butter is one of those ingredients that just makes everything better, and these sliders are no exception. Chicken breasts can be quite lean, and adding butter to the slow cooker helps keep the chicken moist and gives it a smoother texture. While butter is optional in this recipe, we highly recommend it for the best results.
For the BBQ sauce in this recipe, we prefer to use a homemade version, but if you have a favorite store-bought BBQ sauce, feel free to use that instead. The choice is yours, but either way, the result is sure to be delicious.
These Cream Cheese Chicken Sliders are perfect for serving in traditional dinner rolls, but you can also use hamburger buns, your favorite bread, or even lettuce wraps for a lighter option. And if you’re following a specific diet, don’t worry! You can use gluten-free or keto bread to fit your needs. The options are endless, so feel free to get creative and make these sliders your own!
Storage and Reheating Instructions
Store any leftover chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave in 30 second increments until warmed through.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious slow cooker recipes:
Watch the video below where Caytlin will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Cream Cheese Chicken Sliders
- 4 chicken breast large
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup pineapple rings
- 4 tablespoons salted butter sliced
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 2 dozen dinner rolls
- 12 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker (4 to 6 quarts). Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Add 1 cup pineapple rings and 4 tablespoons sliced butter on top of chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix together ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, 2 teaspoons salt, 2 teaspoons black pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and ground mustard.
- Pour half of the BBQ sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook for 4 to 5 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low.
- After cooking, remove pineapple rings and set aside. Add remaining BBQ sauce and 8 ounces cubed cream cheese to the slow cooker.
- Shred chicken and mix with sauce and cream cheese.
- Serve on toasted dinner rolls with a slice of cheddar and a pineapple ring on top of the shredded chicken.