Lasagna Stuffed Chicken is all the flavors you love from lasagna stuffed inside a chicken breast and it’s smothered in cheesy, saucy goodness. What’s not to love?
The idea for this recipe popped in my head while on a girl’s trip to San Francisco with my friends from The Recipe Critic and Diethood. I rushed to make it as soon as I got home because I knew this would be a recipe to drool over. And it did not disappoint! This is the kind of chicken dish I could eat night after night after night.
MY OTHER RECIPES
I’ve written this recipe to make two chicken breasts. Since chicken breasts nowadays are pretty big, this may serve four people, depending on the appetite. But this recipe can also be easily doubled or tripled for families with more people and bigger appetites. I’m talking to the moms of teenagers here 🙂
You can keep this dish low carb by serving it up with a salad, or serve it over some buttered noodles for a cheesy, saucy, carb overload. I won’t judge you either way. It’s so easy and so good, it makes the perfect weeknight dinner. And oh that cheese! I’m a huge fan.
If you like this recipe, you may also be interested in my recipe for The Most Amazing Lasagna. It is seriously the world’s best lasagna!
Watch the video below where I walk you through every step of this recipe, including how to butterfly chicken. I have a whole YouTube Channel with my own cooking show where I let you join me in the kitchen. You should check it out!
Lasagna Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Additional Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Butterfly chicken breasts and place into a lightly greased baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, egg, 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of sauce onto one half of each chicken breast. Spread ricotta mixture on top of the sauce and fold chicken breasts over to close.
- Drizzle remaining marinara sauce over chicken. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with remaining Italian seasoning and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
CHECK OUT MY OTHER STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES:
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!