Be sure to check out my other cajun recipes like my Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta and my Cajun Chicken Drumsticks.
Cajun seasoning can be bought in the seasoning section of the grocery store. Each brand will be slightly different in their ingredients and proportions. I like to save myself the money and make my own. Bonus, I also get to control the exact flavor. I mix it up in a ziploc bag or small jar. If you want to make a big batch, just change all the measurements to tablespoons.
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp basil
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp white pepper (if you don’t have it, just substitute black pepper)
1 tsp cayenne pepper
4 1/2 tsp paprika
2 1/2 tsp salt
Cajun Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large white or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- ¼ white onion, diced
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 teaspoons cajun seasoning*
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Use a meat tenderizer to pound out the chicken breasts until about ¼-inch thick.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms, bell pepper, and onions for 5 minutes, until par-cooked.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
- Place a pinch of cheese in the center of each chicken breast. Place a large spoonful of mushroom and bell pepper mixture on top. Finish off with another pinch of cheese.
- Carefully roll up the chicken so stuffing is completely inside. Secure the chicken with toothpicks. Place in the prepared pan. Season generously with cajun seasoning. Place a tablespoon of butter on top of each chicken breast.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is cooked through, to an internal temperature of 165 degrees, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks before serving. You can serve the chicken whole, or slice in half, or in 1-inch slices.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!