Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is the perfect family meal. Juicy cajun-spiced chicken is served over a bed of creamy linguine that’s packed full of sautéed veggies.
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is one of our favorite dinners. Spicy cajun seasoned chicken, tons of veggies, and a creamy sauce. It’s pretty much a recipe for perfection. And better yet, this cajun pasta only has 8 ingredients! It’s a super easy meal to throw together which makes it perfect for family dinners.
Pro Tip: Make your own homemade cajun seasoning! Check out the recipe notes where we list the ingredients for our own homemade cajun seasoning. We are huge fans of homemade cajun seasoning simply because it allows complete control of the flavor. We always have a little bottle or baggie of homemade cajun seasoning in the pantry. You can always use a store bought mix, but there’s a lot of variation out there so make sure you find one you like.
Pasta Choices for Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta:
You can really use any shape of pasta you’d like to make Cajun Chicken Pasta. I prefer linguine, but other popular choices include penne and spaghetti.
Cajun seasoning makes everything better, not just chicken! Prefer dark meat? Use chicken thighs! More of a seafood foodie? Shrimp is amazing in this dish! Vegetarian? Leave out the meat, go heavy on the mushrooms, and add some extra veggies like tomatoes and zucchini.
Can I make the chicken ahead of time?
To save a few minutes of cook time, you can always prep, cook, and slice the chicken up to 2 days ahead of time. Reheat on the stovetop by sautéing in a couple teaspoons of oil until heated through.
Storage and Reheating Instructions:
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat in a skillet on the stovetop over medium-low heat until warmed through.
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 teaspoons cajun seasoning divided
- 6 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 pound linguine
- 3 bell peppers various colors, sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Rub each chicken breast with 1 teaspoon of cajun seasoning. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in 3 tablespoons of butter. Sear the chicken breasts in the butter until browned on each side. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F which will take about 5-7 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Remove the chicken and set aside to rest.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In the same skillet as you cooked the chicken, without cleaning, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter. Add in bell peppers, onion, and mushroom. Sauté until veggies are tender. Sprinkle remaining 2 teaspoons of cajun seasoning over veggies and cook 1 minute.
- Pour in heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Simmer until sauce thickens.
- Stir in cooked pasta and toss until coated and veggies are evenly distributed. Slice chicken breasts and serve over hot pasta.
Homemade Cajun Seasoning:
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt