Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is the perfect family meal. Juicy cajun-spiced chicken is served over a bed of creamy linguine that’s packed full of sautéed veggies.
This is a recipe I’ve been making on a regular basis for more than 10 years. I was SHOCKED when I realized I had never shared it here on the blog. I told my husband and he was pretty shocked as well. He said, “are you sure it wasn’t one of the first recipes you ever posted?” Nope. In the 8 years that I have been sharing recipes online not once have I posted this. If you knew how often I made this you’d be pretty shocked too.
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is one of our favorite dinners for good reason. Spicy cajun seasoned chicken, tons of veggies, and a creamy sauce. It’s pretty much a recipe for perfection. And better yet, my cajun pasta only has 8 ingredients! It’s a super easy meal to throw together which makes it perfect for family dinners. And when I was a college student, having a quick meal like this that also impressed everyone and was made without a huge expense….it was an all-around winner for sure.
If you like this recipe you may also like these tasty pasta dinners:
What shape of pasta should I use?
You can really use any shape of pasta you’d like to make Cajun Chicken Pasta. I prefer linguine, but other popular choices include penne and spaghetti.
PRO TIP: Make your own homemade cajun seasoning! Check out the recipe notes where I list the ingredients for my own homemade cajun seasoning. I am a huge fan of homemade cajun seasoning simply because it allows me to completely control the flavor. I always have a little bottle or baggie of homemade cajun seasoning in my pantry. You can always use a store bought mix, but there’s a lot of variation out there so make sure you find one you like.
For more recipes using cajun seasoning check out these:
- Cajun Chicken Drumsticks
- Cajun Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Cajun Fried Chicken Strips
- Cajun White Chicken Chili
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 teaspoons cajun seasoning divided
- 6 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 pound linguine
- 3 bell peppers various colors, sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Rub each chicken breast with 1 teaspoon of cajun seasoning. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in 3 tablespoons of butter. Sear the chicken breasts in the butter until browned on each side. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F which will take about 5-7 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Remove the chicken and set aside to rest.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In the same skillet as you cooked the chicken, without cleaning, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter. Add in bell peppers, onion, and mushroom. Sauté until veggies are tender. Sprinkle remaining 2 teaspoons of cajun seasoning over veggies and cook 1 minute.
- Pour in heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Simmer until sauce thickens.
- Stir in cooked pasta and toss until coated and veggies are evenly distributed. Slice chicken breasts and serve over hot pasta.
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon salt