5 minutes of prep time is all that’s needed to make these crispy-skinned Cajun Chicken Drumsticks. This recipe is always popular!
Crispy cajun spiced skin covering succulent meat that is super easy to make? Yes, please! This recipe is SO simple. It just takes some drumsticks, cajun seasoning, and butter. It can’t go wrong! This is a go-to recipe for a quick meal, especially for larger amount of people. Just pop it in the oven and throw together some sides. By the time you’re done, you’ll have people drooling from the smell in the kitchen. It’s awesome!
This recipe utilizes a homemade cajun seasoning. There’s nothing quite like mixing your own to have complete control over the flavor. You just never know what you are going to get with a store-bought mix as they vary quite a bit. Simply make a large batch and store what you don’t use in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag for future use.
Can I use other cuts of chicken besides drumsticks?
You can also use whatever cut of chicken you’d like. Chicken breasts, chicken thighs, or even wings are all delicious with this recipe. You’ll have to adjust the cook time accordingly. Always cook chicken to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
How do I make this for a large group of people?
This recipe is easily customized to feed as many or as little people as you need. That’s part of what makes this recipe so awesome! Simply double or triple the amount of seasonings in the recipe to accommodate as much meat as you need to cook.
What side dishes go well with cajun chicken drumsticks?
You can’t go wrong with a side of corn, mashed potatoes, and of course, cornbread. However, there are so many great choices out there! Experiment with what your family likes best. The possibilities are endless!
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Cajun Chicken Drumsticks
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, stir together all the spices for cajun seasoning. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Line up drumsticks on the prepared tray.
- Sprinkle with cajun seasoning on both sides. Leave the side with the most meat and skin facing up.
- Put a dab of about 1/2 tablespoon butter on the top of each drumstick, on the part that is most meaty. The butter will melt all over the meat and skin, keeping the meat juicy, and making the skin crispy.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in the oven until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.