Crispy cajun spiced skin covering succulent meat that is super easy to make? Sign me up! When people ask me for this recipe I’m always caught off guard because it is so simple. It just takes some drumsticks, cajun seasoning, and butter. It can’t go wrong! This is one of my go-to recipes for a quick meal, especially for larger amount of people. I can just pop it in the oven and throw together some sides. By the time I’m done I’ve got people drooling from the smell in the kitchen. It’s awesome!
This recipe utilizes a homemade cajun seasoning. I prefer to mix my own so I can have complete control over the flavor. You just never know what you are going to get with a store-bought mix as they vary quite a bit. This mix is my absolute favorite. In this recipe I have you making a large batch. Just store what you don’t use in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag for later use.
This recipe is easily customized to feed as many or as little people as you need. That’s part of what makes this recipes so awesome! You can also use whatever cut of chicken you’d like. Chicken breasts, chicken thighs, or even wings are all delicious with this recipe. You’ll have to adjust the cook time accordingly. Always cook chicken to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Watch the video for more great tips for making this recipe. Just be warned, it will make you super hungry! You can also check out the rest of my YouTube Channel where I have hundreds of cooking videos you can drool over.
My Other Recipes
Be sure to check out my other recipes using cajun seasoning like my Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta and my Cajun Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
Cajun Chicken Drumsticks
Cajun Chicken Drumsticks
- 10 drumsticks
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, stir together all the spices for cajun seasoning. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a jelly roll pan with nonstick spray. Line up drumsticks on the prepared tray.
- Sprinkle with cajun seasoning on both sides. Leave the side with the most meat and skin facing up.
- Put a dab of about 1/2 tablespoon butter on the top of each drumstick, on the part that is most meaty. The butter will melt all over the meat and skin, keeping the meat juicy, and making the skin crispy.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in the oven.
Cajun seasoning can be bought in the seasoning section of the grocery store. Each brand will be slightly different in their ingredients and proportions. I like to save myself the money and make my own. I mix it up in a ziploc bag or small jar. If you want to make a big batch, just change all the measurements to tablespoons.
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 1/2 teaspoons paprika
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
This recipe first appeared on The Stay At Home Chef on December 11, 2012
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!