Chili-Lime Baked Chicken Tenders take the classic flavor combination and mashes it with a kid favorite, for a grown up version of chicken tenders that will have you licking your fingers! This easy dinner will be a hit with the whole family!
This recipe came to me as many recipes do….while strolling the isles at the grocery store. This one happened in Costco. I found myself with an enormous amount of chicken tenders in my shopping cart. It’s Costco, so you know it was enough to feed my little family chicken fingers for a week. Let me tell you, they wouldn’t complain about that. I did some experimenting with all sorts of different versions of chicken fingers that the grown ups in the house could enjoy just as much as the kids.
You may also like some of my other plays on chicken strips and chicken nuggets like my:
- Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
- Grilled Thai Chicken Nuggets
- Chip and Cheddar Chicken Strips
- Classic Baked Chicken Nuggets
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Chili-Lime Baked Chicken Tenders
- 4 limes
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 3 teaspoons ancho chili powder divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 4-sided baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Zest the limes and place the zest in a small mixing bowl. Mix in panko bread crumbs, 1/2 tsp salt, and 2 tsp of chili powder. Toss together.
- Squeeze the juice of 3 of the limes into the butter.
- Working one at a time, dip the chicken tenders into the butter mixture, and then into the bread crumb mixture. Ensure that each piece of chicken gets a nice coating of bread crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- While the chicken tenders are baking, make a dipping sauce by combining greek yogurt, juice of 1 remaining lime, 1 tsp chili powder, and 1/4 tsp salt. Stir together until combined.
- Serve chicken strips hot with dipping sauce.