Just 7 ingredients and a few minutes is all it takes to put together these spicy Baked Buffalo Chicken Nuggets. Skip the drive through and bring the heat at home.
We eat a lot of homemade chicken nuggets in our house. The kids love them. The adults love them. Everyone is happy. In our house, we love a little heat, so I decided to do a fun variation on my standard chicken nugget and do a hot sauce version. We love it! Seriously, even the kids.
These can also be frozen unbaked and popped in the oven on a busy night. Add 5-10 minutes to the baking time. Ditch the drive through and give homemade chicken nuggets a try. You might fall in love.
I am a huge fan of Frank’s Buffalo Hot Sauce. It’s seriously the best. And no, they aren’t paying me to say that and I actually don’t have a working relationship with them at all (not for lack of trying). Still, I use their hot sauce in so many of my recipes because it really is the best.
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Baked Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
- 2 to 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Buffalo Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim chicken breast of any fat. Cut into 1-inch, nugget sized pieces.
- In a small bowl mix together the bread crumbs, parmesan, salt, and Italian seasonings.
- In another small bowl, pour in the buffalo hot sauce and melted butter. Whisk to combine.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the hot sauce/butter and then roll them around in the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure they are good and coated.
- Place the coated chicken nuggets onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes until the nuggets are browned and cooked through.