This is the garlic bread you’ve been dreaming of all your life! The perfect balance of garlic buttery goodness makes this the ultimate garlic bread.
What is the best bread for garlic bread?
Garlic bread can be made using any bread. We have found that we like to make ours on a French bread loaf or another artisan type baguette. We like having a crisp exterior with a soft crumb on the inside. You can always make a great piece of garlic bread using a country style artisan loaf, sourdough, or thick pieces of bread. Avoid using flavored breads as they won’t mix well with garlic.
My Other Recipes
Can you use pre-minced garlic?
Fresh garlic always has the most flavor, but it’s becoming increasingly common to find minced or crushed garlic in grocery stores. Some grocery stores mince it for you in the store and we have found that this type of pre-minced garlic is just as good as mincing it yourself. Minced or crushed garlic sold in a jar does have an inferior flavor, but it can still be used in any recipe calling for minced garlic.
This garlic bread goes great with the following recipes:
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
The Ultimate Garlic Bread
The Ultimate Garlic Bread Recipe
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Slice the bread in half lengthwise and place each half on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, olive oil, basil, oregano, parmesan, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Mix it well.
- Spread the butter in a generous, even layer on each half of the French bread.
- Put the baking sheet underneath the broiler in the oven. Broil until it just starts to brown. Watch it closely because how fast it cooks is dependent on how hot your broiler is and how close your rack is to the heating element. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!