Garlic Herb Lamb Chops are easy to make and taste like they came from a high end restaurant. You’ll impress everyone at the table with this delicious lamb recipe!
No need to be intimidated by making lamb chops. This recipe couldn’t be much easier! A simple marinade rub, then cook them up in a pan. And in case you are still intimidated, check out the video demonstration. This is definitely a recipe you can easily make at home and still have it taste like it came from a restaurant!
What herbs go well with lamb?
Most fresh herbs pair really well with lamb. A common herb to pair with lamb is mint. In this recipe we use a combination of mint, rosemary, oregano, and parsley.
My Other Recipes
What is a good side dish for lamb chops?
- Roasted Asparagus
- Super Easy Olive Oil Pasta
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- Honey Roasted Smashed Potatoes
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Beet Salad
- Restaurant Style Arugula Salad
- Dill Pea and Cucumber Salad
What temperature do lamb chops need to be cooked to?
Lamb needs to be cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Lamb chops in particular, are best eaten at this temperature which is medium-rare. It is not recommended that you cook them above medium (160 degrees F) as the lamb will become chewy.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in some of my other lamb recipes:
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Garlic Herb Lamb Chops
- 6 to 8 lamb loin chops
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 6 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place lamb chops into a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, pepper, and herbs. Rub over chops. Place in fridge and let marinate at least 1 hour, or up to 12 hours.
- Remove chops from marinate and season with salt.
- Preheat a large heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add in 2 tablespoons olive oil and butter until melted.
- Cook chops in the heavy skillet for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Serve hot garnished with additional fresh herbs.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!