This tangy Dill Pea and Cucumber Salad is light, refreshing, and perfect for picnics, potlucks, and weeknight dinners. This is one of those salads you’ll make again and again!
Today I’m sharing a recipe from my friends Carrian and Cade’s brand new debut cookbook: Our Sweet Basil Kitchen. It’s full of fresh twists on family favorites with recipe mashups and unique flavor combinations. I’ve been lucky enough to get a sneak peak preview copy and they even let me pick a recipe to share with you.
Lately I’ve been craving warm weather, picnics, and vegetables. I flipped through their book drooling over all of the recipes, but this one was just calling my name. I’m such a sucker for dill so I knew I’d love this recipe and it fulfills all my cravings. This recipe is perfect for spring and summer picnics, backyard barbecues, and potlucks. It also makes a great lunch or weeknight side dish. You really can’t go wrong with this one.
Watch the video below where I give you an inside look at the book, walk you through the recipe, and show you an amazing trick for slicing grape tomatoes that will rock your world. This video is from over on my YouTube Channel where I share three new videos every week with restaurant quality recipes you can easily make at home.
You can find Our Sweet Basil Kitchen at most major book retailers, or you can easily pick it up on Amazon. You can also find Cade and Carrian over at OhSweetBasil.com
Dill Pea and Cucumber Salad (Our Sweet Basil Kitchen Cookbook Review)
- 2 cups fresh peas
- 1 English cucumber sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- Combine peas, cucumbers, and tomatoes in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegars, and garlic. Add the sugar and whisk to combine.
- Pour everything over the veggies and sprinkle with dill and pepper flakes. Serve immediately or cover and serve within the hour. The cucumbers will start to pickle if you wait too long.