Moroccan-spiced chicken breasts sliced and served gyro style with tons of vegetables and topped off with a zingy tahini sauce.
How do you pronounce the word gyro?
You’ve probably heard it has “hee-row” or “jai-row” but the the correct way to say it is yee-row. Gyro = YEE-row.
What is tahini? Where do I find tahini in the grocery store?
Tahini is a ground sesame paste. It is often sold in a tin can and can usually be found near the other ground nut and seed mixtures like peanut butter.
What toppings are good on a gyro?
We recommend serving gyros with shredded purple or green cabbage, sliced bell pepper, sliced cucumber, sliced tomato, thinly sliced red onion, and roughly chopped cilantro.
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 lemons, sliced thin
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 pitas or Arabic flatbreads for serving
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Lay half the lemon slices out to create a bed for the chicken. Place the chicken breasts on top of the lemon slices.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, paprika, cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. Spread the mixture over the tops of the chicken breasts.
- Lay the remaining lemon slices over the chicken. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Slice and serve hot or cold with tahini sauce and desired toppings.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!