Today I’m bringing you a recipe from my cookbook. It’s full of interesting, tasty recipes that are simple to make. The recipes use fresh, whole ingredients (no cream of anything soup!) and require very little prep. This recipe will give you a nice sneak peak into the book with the popular Banh Mi Sandwich. It is super easy to make, and tastes amazing!
Did I mention this is my favorite sandwich ever? Seriously, I can’t get enough!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Slow Cooker Time: 8 hours on low
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
My Other Recipes
1 (2-3 lb) pork butt roast
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 TB fish sauce
1/2 tsp ground ginger
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 daikon radish, julienned or shredded
2 large carrots, julienned or shredded
1/4 cup rice vinegar
juice of 1 lime
6 crusty baguettes
1 cucumber, sliced
3 cups fresh cilantro leaves
1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
1. Place the pork butt into a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
2. Pour in chicken broth, soy sauce, fish sauce, and stir in ginger and garlic
3. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine daikon radish and carrots. Top with rice vinegar, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. When just about ready to serve, shred pork and stir in lime juice.
6. Spoon 1/2 cup meat, hot or cold, onto each crusty baguette. Top with daikon radish and carrot mixture, cucumber slices, cilantro leaves, and jalapeno slices, and serve.
Never miss a recipe! Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!