What kind of yeast should I use?
How warm should the milk be?
What if I don’t have a stand mixer?
Can I make this recipe gluten free?
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other homemade bread recipes:
- Homemade Pretzel Rolls
- Perfect Homemade French Bread
- The Best Homemade Dinner Rolls Ever
- Homemade Hamburger Buns
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Homemade Hoagie Rolls
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 3-4 cups all purpose flour
- In a large stand mixer, combine milk, yeast, sugar, salt, butter, egg and 3 cups flour. Knead on low until a smooth dough ball forms, adding more flour ¼ cup at a time to achieve desired texture. Your dough should be tacky, but not sticky.
- Transfer dough to a lightly greased mixing bowl, cover with a towel, and let rise until double in size, about 1 hour.
- Roll dough into a large rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick, and 24 inches wide. Cut the dough into 4 strips, about 6 inches wide on each.
- Roll strip up. Continue rolling gently until ends and seams are pinched together (otherwise it'll unroll in the baking process).
- Put rolls on a lightly greased jelly baking sheets. Let rise about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake rolls for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.
My Other Recipes
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!