Moist Cinnamon Apple Bread is made with applesauce for even more delicious apple flavor. This easy quick bread is ready for the oven in less than 10 minutes!
This Apple Quick Bread is super moist. Many quick bread recipes use vegetable oil to keep the loaf moist, but that adds quite a few calories and a whole lot of fat. Instead, this recipe uses applesauce for a lighter version that’s just as moist. Plus, more delicious apple flavor!
My Other Recipes
This recipe uses green Granny Smith apples. Why? Granny Smith apples are tart which provides a great balance to the sweetness of the bread. Granny Smith apples also bake up nicely without becoming mushy which makes them a great candidate for baking inside of a bread.
When preparing your apples, start by peeling and coring them. You can do this by using a peeler corer slicer or simply peel using a knife or potato peeler and then cut the core out. Be sure to cut up your apple pieces quite small. I hate having large chunks in my bread. I keep my pieces 1/4 of an inch or less.
This recipe calls for unsweetened applesauce. If you try to use sweetened you may want to reduce the amount of additional sugar you add or your bread may end up quite sweet. Use unsweetened applesauce for best results and complete control over your bread.
The term quick bread is a bit of a misnomer. It certainly doesn’t refer to the cooking time since most quick bread recipes take somewhere around 1 hour to bake, if not more. What it DOES refer to is the amount of time it takes to prepare the dough for baking. Since quick breads don’t use yeast for leavening, they don’t require any rising time and are therefore “quick” to get into the oven.
Watch the video below where I walk you through every step of the recipe, sharing tips and tricks along the way. Sometimes it helps to have a good visual!
Moist Cinnamon Apple Bread
Moist Cinnamon Apple Bread
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups green apples peeled, cored, and chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Lightly grease 2 bread loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together applesauce, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk in sugar and brown sugar until combined.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until thoroughly mixed in, then fold in apples.
- Divide batter into the two prepared pans. Bake in the 300 degree oven for 90 minutes.
- Remove pans from oven and let cool 10-15 minutes before removing the loaf from the pan. Cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!