Apple Pancakes are a great way to sneak some healthy fruit into your breakfast routine. These easy pancakes are light, fluffy, and totally easy to make!
How do I know when to flip my pancakes?
Pancakes should be cooked on a flat surface over medium high heat. When bubbles start to form on the top and the edges start to lose their shine, you’ll know it is time to flip. Your pancake should be golden brown on each side.
Do I need to sift my dry ingredients or can I skip that step?
Sifting your dry ingredients will produce a fluffier pancake. If you are in a hurry, you can skip this step and it will still work, your pancakes just won’t be quite as fluffy.
Can I use whole wheat flour in this recipe?
Yes! Whole wheat flour can be used interchangeably in this recipe. Please keep in mind that the use of whole wheat will make for a more dense pancake. You can use partial whole wheat to retain a bit of fluffiness.
What kind of syrup should I use?
Maple syrup is a classic topping option for pancakes. Many people also top their pancakes with a pat of butter. You can also use fresh fruit and whipped cream, or other types of syrups. Our personal favorite here at The Stay At Home Chef is our famous Liquid Cinnamon Roll Syrup. It tastes just like a cinnamon roll in liquid form!
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other pancake recipes:
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Easy Apple Pancakes
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup milk or buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shredded granny smith apple
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk in milk, eggs, applesauce, and cinnamon just until combined. Stir in shredded apple.
- Preheat a flat griddle over medium-high heat.
- Scoop ¼ cup of pancake batter onto griddle. Let pancakes cook until bubbles form before flipping.
- Cook other side until golden brown. Serve hot with syrup.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!