The Perfect Blueberry Pancake Recipe is easy to make with pantry staple ingredients and either fresh or frozen blueberries.
Can I use frozen blueberries?
If you want to use frozen blueberries to make blueberry pancakes, thaw and rinse the blueberries, drain well, and pat them dry. Frozen berries have excess liquid due to the freezing process and you just need to make sure to get rid of that before proceeding to use in the recipe.
Can I use whole wheat flour in this recipe?
Yes! Whole wheat flour can be used interchangeably in this recipe. Please keep in mind that the use of whole wheat will make for a more dense pancake. You can use partial whole wheat to retain a bit of fluffiness.
What should I serve on my pancakes?
Maple syrup is a classic topping option for pancakes. Many people also top their pancakes with a pat of butter. You can also use fresh fruit and whipped cream, or other types of syrups. You can also use blueberry syrup as well to enhance the blueberry experience in this recipe.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other pancake recipes:
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Perfect Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk or buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen* blueberries
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk in milk, eggs, and melted butter just until combined. Add more milk if necessary to thin out the batter. Fold in blueberries.
- Preheat a flat griddle over medium-high heat.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto griddle. Let pancakes cook until bubbles form before flipping.
- Cook other side until golden brown. Serve hot with syrup.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!