A homemade buttermilk syrup that tastes just like a cinnamon roll! Take french toast, pancakes, and waffles to a whole new level of yummy!
I am about to share one of my very favorite recipes. We call it “liquid cinnamon roll.” We use it on pancakes, waffles, french toast, and sometimes even as an ice cream topping. I’m sitting here thinking I need to make cinnamon rolls just so I can dip them into this syrup and then watch my head explode. It tastes exactly like a decadent cinnamon roll fresh from the oven, lathered with a cream cheese frosting. It’s easy to make and you can just store it in the fridge. But be careful, because you will never be able to look at that plain old maple syrup from the store the same way ever again. If you have ever wanted to try and make your own syrup, now is the time my friends. This stuff is ridiculously good!
Be sure to check out the video where I walk you through every step in this recipe.
LIQUID CINNAMON ROLL SYRUP
Liquid Cinnamon Roll Syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Use a much larger saucepan than you think you need because this mixture gets crazy when you add the baking soda. Whisk in the sugar, buttermilk, vanilla, and cinnamon into the melted butter and bring to a boil.
- Once it reaches a boil, simmer for 2 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Whisk in baking soda, and cook for 30 seconds before removing from heat. It'll foam up like crazy which is fun for kids to watch. The foam will go away after a few minutes.
- Let it cool, or serve it warm. It will thicken as it cools. Store it in a jar in the fridge.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!