Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken is a quick, healthy meal with minimal mess — perfect for those busy weeknights! You’re going to love this 30 minute meal!
Recipes like this are why we love to cook from scratch. You just can’t get this kind of thick, syrupy saucey goodness from a can. The sweet and sticky, yet savory flavors of this dish are a perfect combination. Serve it on a bed of rice with a side of your favorite veggies, and even the kids will love it! Want to know our favorite little secret? Double the sauce for a truly indulgent dinner. Just make sure to have a side of rice or pasta to soak it all up!
We love this recipe with both chicken breasts and chicken thighs, but you could really use this sauce on any meat: pork, beef, shrimp, or even vegetarian meat alternatives. Customize it to your own needs!
Veggie Options for Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken:
If you don’t love snap peas, we think this dish works just as well with green beans! Give it a try!
Apple Cider Vinegar Substitutions:
If you do not have apple cider vinegar in your pantry, you can always substitute with regular white vinegar.
We prefer cooking with low sodium soy sauce so that we can better control the sodium content. However, either regular or low sodium would work well in this recipe.
Budget Saving Tip:
In a recipe like this which calls for only a small amount of chicken broth, stick to making your own broth with bullion powder, cubes, or concentrate rather than ready to use shelf-stable chicken broth.
We highly recommend cooking up your favorite rice to have with your honey garlic chicken. There’s nothing better than soaking up that extra sauce with rice!
Storage and Reheating Instructions:
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in a skillet over medium-low heat until warmed through.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious chicken recipes:
- Easy Chicken Teriyaki
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Classic Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Baked Honey Dijon Chicken and Potatoes
Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspooon red pepper flakes (adjust for spice level)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts , cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 cups snap peas add in the last 5 minutes
- Whisk together soy sauce, honey, garlic, red pepper flakes, apple cider vinegar, and chicken broth to make the sauce
- Cube chicken into 1.5" cubes and toss in the flour and salt and pepper. Evenly coat
- Over medium heat on stovetop add in butter and olive oil. Add in chicken and cook chicken until thoroughly browned on all sides. About 10-12 minutes
- Add in the sauce straight to the pan with the chicken and let simmer over a low medium heat for an additional 10 minutes.
- The last five minutes, toss in the snap peas. Stir gently so they get coated with the sauce and become more tender. Serve up on a bed of cooked rice
- Instead of snap peas, you could also use fresh steamed green beans as a substitute.
- Increase spiciness by simply adding in more red pepper flakes.
- If you are wanting is super saucy, double the sauce recipe.