Baked Honey Dijon Chicken and Potatoes is an easy weeknight dinner that will leave you wanting to lick the pan clean! It’s hearty, filling, and a complete dinner all made in one pan.
Looking for an easy weeknight dinner? Then look no further! This delicious dinner calls for whole ingredients and pantry staples for that essential made-from-scratch flavor. It only takes minutes to put together and pop in the oven, leaving you plenty of time to catch up with the family before sitting down to dinner.
We took our deliciously addicting Honey Roasted Smashed Potatoes and turned it into a complete meal. The sauce is absolutely killer! Every time we make it, people are fighting over who gets to lick the pan. But honestly, can you blame them?
Mustard Options for Baked Honey Dijon Chicken and Potatoes:
To make this recipe really shine, be sure to use whole grain dijon mustard. Not only does it give a beautiful finished look, it’s also super tasty. If you don’t have it though, you can always use regular dijon mustard.
This recipe can be garnished with a little bit of chopped fresh parsley to add a little bit of color. Without the parsley it can be a bit bland looking, but trust me, this meal is packed full of delicious flavor!
Can I use any other cuts of chicken in this dish?
We love the simplicity of chicken breasts, because we always have extra on hand. If you prefer chicken thighs or even chicken legs, you can always substitute. Keep an eye on the temperature and make sure you still cook to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Baked Honey Dijon Chicken and Potatoes
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons whole grain dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 small red potatoes quartered
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter, honey, dijon mustard, salt, and oregano.
- Place chicken breasts into the baking dish. Surround the chicken with the quartered potatoes. Drizzle honey mustard mixture over everything.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes, until potatoes are tender and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Give potatoes a good toss and season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.