This taco soup recipe is as delicious as it is easy to make! Everything can be tossed together in a single pot and you’ll have a flavorful soup ready in 30 minutes!
Hello again! Sam here from Sugar Spun Run and today I’ll be showing you how to make this easy taco soup! Packed full of hearty flavors and spices, this is one of my favorite cold-weather meals
With the frigid temps here on the East Coast (literally everything is coated in ice right now), I’ve been in a soup frenzy, making warm-you-to-your-toes taco soup and my creamy potato soup on repeat for the past few weeks.
My Other Recipes
I brought this taco soup to a football party to watch the big game (I know nothing about football other than that the game was evidently very big, and that there was plenty of food) and left with a totally empty container — this taco soup is a crowd pleaser and no one has to know how easy it is to make.
How Long Does it Take to Make Taco Soup?
Taco soup is ready in under 40 minutes, and only 10 minutes of that time is active work time! Once you’ve browned the beef and cooked the onions and garlic, it’s just a matter of mixing the rest of the ingredients together and allowing them to simmer.
What Sides to Serve with Taco Soup?
This soup tastes great with a side of easy skillet cornbread, Mexican rice, or corn chips, to name just a few options! Really this soup goes great with just about everything, and partygoers also seemed to enjoy it alongside deviled eggs — go figure!
How do You Make Taco Soup?
You’ll brown ground beef (or your preferred ground meat) along with onions and cook several cloves of garlic until fragrant. Then the rest of the ingredients, including a packet of taco seasoning, tomatoes, corn, beans, chilis, and additional spices, are mixed in and simmered until the flavors are fully developed… It’s that easy!
How to Make Taco Soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped (about 1 cup chopped onion)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth*
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth*
- 30 oz petite diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 7- oz can green chilis I use mild
- 1- oz packet low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream corn chips, shredded cheese, and/or sliced jalapenos, for topping (optional)
- Place a dutch oven or large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add ground beef and onion. Cook until beef is browned and onion is softened. Drain off grease.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add broth, diced tomatoes, beans, corn, chilis, taco seasoning, spices, salt, and pepper and stir well.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with sour cream, corn chips, shredded cheese, jalapeno slices, etc.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!