Orange Peel Shrimp is a fast and easy seafood dinner idea that will become an instant favorite. Serve this easy shrimp recipe up over some steamed rice with a side of broccoli. And that orange glaze is to die for!
Lately I’ve been developing lots of quick and easy recipes with an Asian flair to them. Korean Beef Bulgogi has been a long time favorite for us and Thai Shrimp Salad is definitely a new favorite, but I’ve also been perfecting classics like Szechuan Shrimp and Broccoli, Kung Pao Chicken, and Chinese Peppersteak. All of these recipes are ready in about 15 minutes and so full of flavor. They make for incredible dinners for busy nights that are not only quick and easy, but also delicious and sure to impress.
My Other Recipes
This recipe for Orange Peel Shrimp is no different. It comes together in 15 minutes and is easy to serve up as a complete meal. Get some rice steaming first, prepare your shrimp, and pop some steamed broccoli in the microwave just before you are finished and you have a complete meal and dinner is on the table in 15 minutes. That’s less time than it takes to go through a drive thru and this stuff tastes way better, I promise!
This recipe has some great orange flavor. You can use orange zest, or if you’d like, feel free to grate your orange peel into longer strips. As the peel fries in the oil it becomes crispy and delicious. You can also toss the shrimp with fresh orange wedges at the very end so none of your orange goes to waste. Super tasty!
I’ve kept this recipe on the less spicy side with the only heat coming from red pepper flakes. You can easily add some additional heat by doubling the red pepper flakes and adding in some optional sriracha sauce. If you aren’t feeling the heat at all, you can always tone down the red pepper flakes or leave them out all together.
Watch the video below where I walk you through every step of this recipe in a cooking demonstration. I have my own cooking show on YouTube. Head on over there and subscribe! I produce 3 videos every week for your binge watching enjoyment.
Orange Peel Shrimp
Orange Peel Shrimp
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha optional
- Toss shrimp with cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Working in batches, add in shrimp and fry until the shrimp is pink and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Add in garlic, green onions, orange zest, and red pepper flakes. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in 1 teaspoon cornstarch. Add in tomato sauce, orange juice, soy sauce, and sriracha (if using). Bring to a simmer and cook until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp back in and heat through. Serve immediately.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!