Skip the takeout and make this quick and easy Kung Pao Chicken at home. It takes just 15 minutes to make which means you may never order takeout again!
I love a good 15 minute meal. And this one? It’s a total crowd pleaser. Why order take out when you can make it so easily at home? Plus, you never have to worry if the delivery guy accidentally spilled it on the sidewalk and scooped it back in the box. Or am I the only one who worries about that?
My Other Recipes
You can easily adjust the spiciness level in this recipe to give it more or less “pao.” Just add more or less peppers. In this recipe I use rehydrated Chinese red chiles. You can also use spicy red chile paste (found in the Asian section of your supermarket) or a fresh chile of your choice, either diced or sliced up. Add more or less depending on how spicy you want it. If you want to keep it kid friendly, you can even leave out the heat all together, but then it will mostly just be kung chicken 🙂
Watch the video below where I walk you through every step of the recipe and include more tips and tricks for the kitchen. I have an entire YouTube channel you can check out. I publish new videos there three times a week. It’s like I have my own cooking show! So maybe you should watch. Just a suggestion.
Easy Kung Pao Chicken
Kung Pao Chicken
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size chunks
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 8 small dried red Chinese chilies rehydrated
- 1 green onion sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add in vegetable oil and let heat for 1 minute. Add in chicken breast chunks and cook in the oil over high heat until chicken is seared on the outside.
- Add in bell peppers and sauce. Continue to cook until bell peppers are tender crisp and chicken is cooked through.
- Add in peanuts, garlic, ginger, and chilies and cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Serve hot and garnish with green onion.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!