Ramen noodles are flavored with a sriracha-spiced sauce and served up with soft boiled eggs, cilantro, and green onions. All in just 15 minutes!
Quick and easy meals are something we love. Cheap, quick, and easy meals are a staple for almost every household. This recipe is all three. This isn’t your standard packaged ramen with a spice pack. This ramen is souped up with real Asian ingredients like sriracha, sesame, and soy. It’s got a soft boiled egg in there for some protein, and some greens for color, and you know, the good green stuff. These noodles are spicy and delicious.
Is this recipe spicy? How can I make it more/less spicy?
Yes, this recipe is quite spicy as written. If you want to up the heat to the level of “burn your face off” you’ll want to double the amount of sriracha in this recipe. If you are looking to tone it down, try cutting the amount of sriracha sauce in half, or even down to a quarter. At even 1 teaspoon of sriracha, you’ll still get the flavor of the sriracha with a much more tolerable level of heat.
Where do I buy ramen noodles? Can you just use the cheap packages of ramen?
You can find packages of ramen noodles in the Asian section of your supermarket or at your local Asian grocer. You can also use packaged ramen noodles like Top Ramen that are usually sold for somewhere around 10 cents. Just discard the spice pack. Alternately, you can purchase soba noodles which are very similar and cook quickly.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other easy spicy recipes:
- Moroccan Ramen
- Spicy Szechuan Shrimp and Broccoli
- Restaurant Style Wonton Soup
- Sriracha Honey Glazed Bacon Wrapped Pineapple
15 Minute Sriracha Ramen Noodles
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 packages ramen
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- optional sesame seeds and crushed red pepper flakes for garnish
- Place eggs in a saucepan and fill with water so they are covered by about 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, cover the pan with a lid and remove from heat. Set a timer for 6 minutes. Remove eggs from water and place in an ice bath. Once eggs are cooled, peel. While you wait, prepare the noodles and sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine sriracha, sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, and ground ginger. Stir to combine.
- Bring another large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook noodles for about 2 minutes, until softened. Drain.
- Toss cooked noodles with prepared sauce. Top with fresh cilantro leaves, green onions, and soft boiled eggs. Garnish with red pepper flakes and sesame seeds if desired.