The best crockpot carnitas you’ll ever have! Killer Crockpot Pork Carnitas made in your slow cooker so it couldn’t be easier!
Years ago I was watching Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. They showed a Mexican restaurant that people lined up out the door for. Apparently they had killer carnitas which they showed how to make. I say they showed how to make them, but if you’ve ever seen the show you know that means they just listed off the ingredients and showed it start to finish in about 10 seconds. They made theirs in huge batches, but I watched it over and over until I figured out the proportions of ingredients. After a few experimental tries, and several years of making them, I’m pretty sure I’ve mastered pork carnitas. This meat is as good as it comes and makes one killer taco. If you are still making ground beef tacos, they will quickly become a thing of the past once you try this recipe. And it’s made in the slow cooker so what’s not to love! Get ready for taco cravings!
Watch the video to see just how to make this tasty meat!
Killer Crockpot Carnitas
Killer Crockpot Carnitas (Slow Cooker)
- 1 3-5 lbPork Butt/Shoulder Roast
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Trim roast and slice into 1/4 inch thick pieces. Put directly into crock pot (or baking pan).
- Combine spices and toss into crockpot.
- Add in the vegetable oil. Yes, it is a lot of oil, but fear not. If you skimp you won't get the same results.
- Toss together using hands until evenly coated with spice and oil goodness.
- Cook on low setting for 6-8 hours until the meat can easily be shredded with a fork.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!