Easy Slow Cooker recipes are always a favorite. The easy chili-lime shredded beef is great plain, or for tacos, burritos, quesadillas, enchiladas….you see where I’m going here? I love versatile slow cooker meats. I can throw it in the crock in the morning and then I have a whole 8 hours before I have to actually decide what we’re going to have for dinner. Leftovers? Guess you’ve got a completely different dinner for tomorrow night. I do love the slow cooker. In fact, I wrote a whole cookbook of easy prep recipes using whole, real ingredients. Soda walks the line on being a real ingredient, but I do love the way that soda flavors and tenderizes beef. It’s amazing what it does really. The sugar and carbonation break down that tough roast and produce a tender, moist, and tasty shredded beef. It’s easy, and totally delicious.
Easy Slow Cooker Chili-Lime Mexican Shredded Beef
- 1 2 to 3 pound beef chuck roast
- 4 cups lemon-lime soda
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 limes juiced
- Place the chuck roast into the bottom of a 5 to 8 quart slow cooker
- Pour soda over chuck roast.
- Season with chili powder, salt, and garlic.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 8 hours until easily shredded with a fork.
- Shred and pour lime juice over. Serve hot.