Grilled Zucchini is a summertime favorite! Cooking this summer garden vegetable favorite on the grill brings out a lot of great flavor in a matter of minutes. It’s so easy!
How do you grill zucchini and squash?
You can grill zucchini and squash halved, or in spears directly on the grill, or you can cut them into slices or chunks and grill them on skewers or in foil packets.
My Other Recipes
How long do you cook zucchini on the grill?
Zucchini should be cooked over a medium heat (about 350 degrees) on the grill for about 10 minutes, no matter how you cut the zucchini. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes for the zucchini to get tender.
How long do zucchini take on the grill on skewers?
Zucchini can be cooked on skewers by itself or alongside other vegetables. Zucchini takes 10 to 15 minutes to get tender, so if you are using other vegetables on your skewer or meats, look for vegetables with similar cooking times like tomatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers, chicken, and steak cuts of beef.
How do you choose a good zucchini?
Look for size, color, and stem. Smaller zucchini are better, as larger ones tend to be watery. When it comes to color, look for vibrant colors whether you are picking out a green zucchini or yellow squash. And last, look for the stem. Having a good amount of stem on your zucchini will help it last longer.
Need something to serve up with your corn on the cob? You may also be interested in these other great grilling recipes:
- Perfect Thick Grilled Pork Chops
- Simple Grilled Chicken
- Simple Grilled Salmon
- Margarita Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Halibut
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Easy Grilled Zucchini
- 8 medium-sized zucchini trimmed
- 1 lemon juiced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut the zucchini in half, slicing lengthwise.
- Squeeze lemon juice over zucchini halves and brush with olive oil.
- Season lightly with salt, or to taste, and sprinkle Italian seasoning and garlic powder over.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat, about 350 degrees F.
- Place zucchini directly onto a well oiled grate, flesh side down to start. Cook with the lid closed, about 10 to 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!