These pork chops are magical! They rival any beef steak. Every time I make them people rave that they are the best pork chops they’ve ever had in their life. Follow my instructions and you will be the star of every backyard barbecue! People can’t get enough of my perfect pork chops.
What is the best cut of meat for grilled pork chops?
There are four different cuts of pork chops. The most preferable is the center cut rib chop.
- Rib Chop: This is the most desirable cut of pork chop. It comes from the rib section (hence its name) and has a large bone running along one side. This cut is very tender with a nice pork flavor.
- Loin Chop: This pork chop cut has a t-bone in the middle. It has two different kinds of meat on it, with loin meat on one side, and tenderloin meat on the other side. These two meats cook at different rates so it is a more difficult cut to work with.
- Boneless Chop: This is the most lean cut of pork. It is very easy to over cook this cut and dry it out as it has very little fat, connective tissue, and doesn’t have any bones. This is the most commonly sold pork chop cut in the United States, but it is certainly not the most desirable because it is lean, and so easy to overcook.
- Shoulder Chop: This is the least desirable cut of pork chop and is not commonly found in American grocery stores. They have lots of flavor, but also have a lot of gristle and bones. This cut of chop is best braised.
What kind of pork chops should I buy for grilling?
Bone in pork chops are the best for grilling. You want to purchase a pork chop that is at least 1-inch thick to use on the grill. If you don’t see any out for purchase, you should ask at the meat counter and they can cut them for you. Ask for a 1 1/2 to 2 inch bone-in center cut rib chop or loin chop. Either of these will be a great option for the grill.
My Other Recipes
If you like this recipe you may be interested in these other pork chop recipes:
- Easy Baked Pork Chops
- The Best Pork Chop Marinade
- How to Make Smoked Pork Chops
- Baked Thick Cut Pork Chops
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Perfect Grilled Pork Chops
- 4 bone-in thick center cut or rib chop pork chops
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat an outdoor grill to high heat, about 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare your chops by rubbing both sides with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, stir together paprika, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle the mixture on each side of the pork chops and rub it in.
- Grill the chop by searing each side for 2 minutes over the high heat. Remove the chops to an upper rack or to a spot with indirect heat to finish cooking.
- Reduce the burners to medium, close the lid, and cook for about another 15 minutes more. Actual cooking time will depend on the heat of your grill and the thickness of your pork chop. Pork needs to be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!