Apple Stuffed Pork Chops are simple to make and full of fall flavor. This is an easy dinner idea that’s good enough to impress guests!
How do you cook pork chops in the oven?
Cooking pork chops in the oven is really straightforward. You just put them in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook them until they have an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit. But! if you want some amazing tasting pork chops, make sure you sear the pork chops in a pan for a couple of minutes before baking.
How do you make juicy pork chops?
The secret to getting delicious juicy pork chops is easy. The trick is to not over cook them. First salt and pepper the pork chops to your tasting. Heat up some olive oil in a pan and once hot, sear both sides of the pork chops in pan for a couple of minutes. Once seared finish cooking the pork chops in an oven. Pork should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit for the juiciest results. Use a meat thermometer for accuracy.
What is the best cut for stuffed pork chops?
There are four different cuts of pork chops. The most preferable for stuffing is a thick cut rib, loin, or boneless chop. The chop will need to be 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick for best stuffing.
- Rib Chop: This is the most desirable cut of pork chop. It comes from the rib section (hence its name) and has a large bone running along one side. This cut is very tender with a nice pork flavor.
- Loin Chop: This pork chop cut has a t-bone in the middle. It has two different kinds of meat on it, with loin meat on one side, and tenderloin meat on the other side. These two meats cook at different rates so it is a more difficult cut to work with.
- Boneless Chop: This is the most lean cut of pork. It is very easy to over cook this cut and dry it out as it has very little fat, connective tissue, and doesn’t have any bones. This is the most commonly sold pork chop cut in the United States, but it is certainly not the most desirable because it is lean, and so easy to overcook.
- Shoulder Chop: This is the least desirable cut of pork chop and is not commonly found in American grocery stores. They have lots of flavor, but also have a lot of gristle and bones. This cut of chop is best braised.
What are the best apples for cooking and baking?
There are hundreds of varieties of apples so it can be hard to know which to purchase. There are a number of commonly sold apples that are great for baking. Green apples like Granny Smith provide a nice tart flavor and are great for baking. Other yellow and red varieties that are good for baking include Golden Delicious, Honey Crisp, Braeburn, Jonathan, Fuji, and Pink Lady. Check the apple for freshness, it should be nice and hard. If the apple is squishy, is bruised, or discolored, you will want to discard them.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious pork chop recipes:
- Easy Baked Pork Chops
- Grilled Pork Chops
- Perfect Thick Cut Pork Chops
- Smoked Pork Chops
- Skillet Garlic Butter Pork Chops
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.