This easy Baked Salmon recipe is flavored with a simple garlic herb butter sauce. It takes just 5 minutes to put it all together and get it into the oven for an easy dinner that the whole family will love.
Sometimes you just need an easy dinner that’s also on the fancy side. This easy baked salmon recipe fits the bill! It’s flavorful, incredibly easy to make, and is fancy enough to impress guests. And salmon is so good for you too!MY OTHER RECIPES
What temperature to cook salmon?
Salmon is best baked at 350 to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. You want to cook it at a high enough temperature that the heat can penetrate the fish quickly enough to cook the inside, but not too hot so that the outer layers of the fish dry out. 350 to 375 degrees is a good mid-range cooking temperature.
In this recipe the fish is wrapped in foil to protect the fish from direct heat. You need the middle of the fish to be able to cook at the same rate as the outside of the fish for the best results.
Salmon is always a family favorite in our house. You may also be interested in my recipe for 5 Ingredient Baked Salmon.
What should I serve salmon with?
Vegetables always pair really well with salmon. You can keep your meal on the lighter side with a salad or lightly roasted vegetables, like some roasted broccoli. If you want a more hearty meal, consider a starchy side like my honey roasted smashed potatoes or even a rice dish like rice pilaf.
Watch the video below where I walk you through every step of the recipe, including a great tip on how to pick out fish at the grocery store.
How to Make Baked Salmon
- 1 salmon filet
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- ½ lemon, thinly sliced.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the salmon filet onto the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, basil, oregano, and pepper. Pour directly over salmon and spread to cover. Place lemon slices on top.
- Pull the sides and ends of the aluminum foil up and pinch together, covering the salmon completely.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley just before serving.