This easy Baked Salmon recipe is flavored with a simple garlic herb sauce. It takes just 5 minutes to put it all together and get it into the oven for an easy dinner that the whole family will love.
Sometimes you just need an easy dinner that’s also on the fancy side. This easy baked salmon recipe fits the bill! It’s flavorful, incredibly easy to make, and is fancy enough to impress guests. This is one of those meals where the quality of ingredients can really make it shine. Using freshly squeezed lemon juice, fresh parsley, and a high quality olive oil will serve you well. Salmon isn’t just good for you, it’s absolutely delicious too. Win-win!
What temperature to cook salmon?
Salmon is best baked at 350 to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. You want to cook it at a high enough temperature that the heat can penetrate the fish quickly enough to cook the inside, but not too hot so that the outer layers of the fish dry out. 350 to 375 degrees is a good mid-range cooking temperature.
In this recipe the fish is wrapped in foil to protect the fish from direct heat. You need the middle of the fish to be able to cook at the same rate as the outside of the fish for the best results.
What should I serve with Easy Garlic Herb Baked Salmon?
Vegetables always pair really well with salmon. You can keep your meal on the lighter side with a salad or lightly roasted vegetables, like some roasted broccoli. If you want a more hearty meal, consider a starchy side like honey roasted smashed potatoes or even a rice pilaf.
Storage and Reheating Instructions:
Fish is always best served fresh. You can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat, wrapped in foil, in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit until warmed through.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious salmon recipes:
- Healthy Baked Chili Lime Salmon
- Simple Grilled Salmon
- The Best Salmon Marinade
- Easy 5 Ingredient Baked Salmon
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Easy Garlic Herb Baked Salmon
- 1 whole salmon filet
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 lemon thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the salmon filet onto the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, basil, oregano, and pepper. Pour directly over salmon and spread to cover. Place lemon slices on top.
- Pull the sides and ends of the aluminum foil up and pinch together, covering the salmon completely.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley just before serving.