Just a few simple ingredients is all you need to make the Best Roasted Broccoli Ever. This is the kind of broccoli that turns broccoli haters into broccoli lovers!
Oven roasted broccoli is an easy side dish for any meal. All it takes is a few simple ingredients to make the best roasted broccoli ever. Lemon juice, garlic, and a little salt and pepper bring out the best flavors in the broccoli. Roasting is a great cooking option for broccoli because roasting brings out the natural sweetness in vegetables.
How to cut broccoli:
- Hold the broccoli by the stem and place it upside down on a cutting board.
- Use a sharp knife to trim around the edges of the stem and leaves and cut off all of the florets.
- Discard the center stem and green leaves.
- Break up any large chunks of florets by hand, or use a knife to cut them into smaller pieces.
Can I use frozen broccoli to make roasted broccoli?
Yes, you can use frozen broccoli to make roasted broccoli using this recipe. The roasted broccoli will be more tender when using frozen rather than fresh broccoli. No need to thaw the broccoli, simply place it on the pan frozen and add approximately 5 minutes to the roasting time.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in some of our other vegetable side dish recipes:
- Best Roasted Cauliflower
- Steakhouse Style Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Honey Roasted Carrots
- Cinnamon Honey Butter Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Best Roasted Broccoli Ever
- 2 heads broccoli cut into florets
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the broccoli florets onto a baking sheet and toss with the garlic slices. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in an oven at 425 degrees until broccoli is tender crisp (about 15-20 minute).
- Remove from oven and drizzle the lemon juice over the cooked broccoli and sprinkle the lemon zest and Parmesan cheese over it. Serve hot!