There’s a reason why everyone loves Buffalo Chicken Dip! This spicy party food appetizer is full of classic buffalo wing flavors. Use Frank’s Red Hot for the best buffalo chicken dip recipe ever!
Buffalo Chicken Dip is a classic American favorite dip. It’s full of cheesy goodness. It’s always a party favorite that people chow down on. You can use crackers, a sliced baguette, or celery for dipping. Most things taste good when smothered with spicy cheese. I prefer using Frank’s Red Hot for the hot wing sauce. I find that it has the best flavor.
Don’t like bleu cheese? I get it. Bleu cheese is a flavor you either love or hate. You can substitute ranch dressing in place of the bleu cheese dressing in this recipe. Then use crumbled feta on top in place of the crumbled bleu cheese.
How do you cook chicken for buffalo chicken dip?
BOILING: One of the easiest ways to cook chicken for buffalo chicken dip is to boil the chicken in seasoned water or chicken broth. Bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to a boil and season with 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper OR use chicken broth. Place 2 to 3 chicken breasts into the boiling water. Bring the water back to a simmer, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until chicken is no longer pink inside and is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
PRE-COOKED: You can also use cooked rotisserie chicken from your grocery store. Many large chains also offer pre-cooked and chopped chicken.
BAKING: Another option is to bake your chicken. Place chicken breasts into a lightly greased 9×13 pan. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
We love buffalo flavors in our house. If you do too you may want to check out our recipe for Baked Buffalo Chicken Nuggets which are a huge family favorite. For more fun appetizer be sure to check out our round up of 20 Score-Worthy Game Day Recipes. We’ve got a lot more spicy, cheesy goodness going on there. Buffalo Chicken Dip is a perfect game day food in addition to a regular party favorite.
Watch the video below where I walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and I’ve always got you covered with my very own cooking show. Be sure to check it out!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Best Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup bleu cheese dressing
- 1 cup buffalo hot wing sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced
- 6 ounces crumbled bleu cheese.
- 4 celery ribs
- 1 baguette
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8x8 pan.
- Use a hand mixer to beat cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in bleu cheese dressing, hot sauce, cheddar cheese, and cooked chicken until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread cheese mixture out into the prepared pan. Top with crumbled bleu cheese. Bake in the prepared pan for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Meanwhile, cut celery into sticks and slice baguette.
- Serve dip hot with celery sticks and baguette slices for dipping.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!