Buffalo Chicken Bites have the most tender, juicy meat, coated in Frank’s hot sauce and fried to perfection before dipping either in blue cheese or ranch. Adults and kids agree that this is a family favorite appetizer!
Chicken wings are seriously the best. The juicy, tender meat with that amazing buffalo sauce, dipped in blue cheese is just so so good. You know what’s not amazing though? The mess. Our fingers are always coated in sauce, and it is the kind of mess that you have to full on wash your hands to get it completely off. Wet wipes are great and all, but we really don’t like needing a pack of them with our meal. Boneless buffalo chicken bites give you all of that tender, juicy chicken and sauce without any of the mess. We could make these every day and never grow tired of them!
Hot Sauce in Buffalo Chicken Bites:
We are huge fans of Frank’s hot sauce, but you can really use any hot sauce you prefer.
We know so many of you love to bake rather than fry. If you would rather bake your chicken bites, you can find full instructions here.
Air Fryer Instructions:
Preheat an air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray air fryer tray with cooking oil and place breaded chicken inside. Spray the chicken with oil once inside and air fry until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees and is golden brown and crispy on the outside, approximately 5-6 minutes.
Gluten Free Options:
If you want to make your buffalo chicken bites gluten free, you will need to substitute the all-purpose flour with a cup for cup gluten free flour blend. Additionally, you will need to use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
Blue Cheese vs. Ranch:
It seems like everyone has picked a side. Either you are a blue cheese fan or a ranch fan. While you certainly can use either in this recipe, you will find us with a large amount of blue cheese on our table.
These chicken bites are comfortably warm. The hot sauce adds amazing flavor without too much heat. If you want to kick that spice up a notch, feel free to dunk your nuggets in some extra Frank’s red hot.
Buffalo chicken bites are served with either ranch or blue cheese dressing, and are traditionally an appetizer. Honestly though, we’ve been known to eat a full meal from this. We just can’t put it down!
Storage and Reheating Instructions:
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit until warmed through.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious small bite recipes:
The Best Buffalo Chicken Bites
- 2-3 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Frank's hot sauce
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Trim chicken of any fat. Cut into 1-inch, nugget sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, add hot sauce and egg. Whisk to combine. Place all the chicken pieces into the egg/hot sauce mixture and stir to make sure all is coated. This may be refrigerated for up to 24 hours in advance to make the flavoring more intense if desired.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, bread crumbs, Italian seasonings, salt, garlic powder, pepper, and cayenne.
- Take the chicken pieces out of the hot sauce and egg mixture. Roll chicken pieces in breadcrumb mixture until well coated.
- Heat about 2 inches of cooking oil over medium-high heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Working in small batches, place the coated chicken into the oil and fry them for 3-5 minutes, or until they are more golden in color, with an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from oil and set on a paper towel lined baking sheet or plate.
- Once cooled a bit, enjoy!