Buffalo Chicken Lasagna takes all the flavors you love from buffalo chicken wings and turns it into an amazingly delicious lasagna.
In this recipe we are taking all of the flavors from buffalo chicken wings and turning them into a delicious, decadent lasagna that’s full of flavor. We use ground chicken for the best texture. What are hot wings without a little celery? So we’ve added celery to the mixture as well. We flavor the meat mixture with Frank’s Buffalo Hot Sauce. The lasagna is then layered with pasta, meat sauce, mozzarella and a classic bechamel. Crumbled blue cheese is added on top to finish it off. You don’t want to use too much blue cheese as it can easily overpower the entire lasagna. If you don’t like blue cheese, you can simply leave it out.
My Other Recipes
Lasagna Pasta Shortcut – Can I use no boil lasagna?
I’ve given you the best hack ever for your lasagna noodles and included it as part of the recipe. No boil lasagna noodles work, but they often end up a bit of an odd texture and absorb too much liquid in the recipe so while no boil lasagna sheets work, I don’t recommend them. Instead, I use regular lasagna noodles and STILL don’t boil them. All you have to do is place them into a container and pour hot water over them. Let them soak for 30 minutes and they’ll be tender enough to use in the recipe. Don’t worry, they will finish cooking in the oven. This allows you to get the rest of your ingredients ready to assemble your lasagna, without having to pay attention to it.
PRO TIP: Move them around after the first 5 minutes to help prevent the pasta sheets from sticking to each other. A simple swish and swirl in the pan should do it.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out my other delicious lasagna recipes:
- The Most Amazing Lasagna
- Spinach Artichoke Lasagna
- Deep Dish Pizza Lasagna
- Cajun Shrimp Lasagna
- Mini Lasagna Cups
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 white onion diced
- 3 stalks celery sliced
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Buffalo Hot Wing Sauce
- 1/3 cup salted butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound lasagna pasta sheets
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in ground chicken, onion, and celery and cook 7 to 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Stir in buffalo hot sauce, diced tomatoes and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer and reduce to medium low. Let simmer until ready to assemble lasagna.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Whisk in flour thoroughly to form a paste. Increase heat to medium high. Whisk in the milk. Continue whisking and bring to a simmer. As the mixture gets hotter, it will thicken. Once thick, remove from heat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place a couple spoonfuls of the bechamel sauce onto the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To assemble, spread about 1 cup of meat sauce in the bottom of the prepared pan. Place 4 noodles on top. Spread with 1/3 of the white sauce. Top with 1/4 of mozzarella cheese. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella. Repeat layering two more times to create three complete layers. To finish, place a final layer of pasta, topped with another 1 cup of meat sauce to cover the pasta. Top with remaining mozzarella and sprinkle with blue cheese. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes to allow cheese to brown. Serve hot.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!