Mini Lasagna Cups are the perfect appetizer addition to your parties, or even just a new easy way to put together lasagna for dinner! So delicious, and so much fun!
I know how much you guys have loved my lasagna recipes. You have raved over my Lasagna Stuffed Chicken and every day I’m getting new reviews of my Most Amazing Lasagna with people swearing they will never use another recipe again. Seeing as how much ya’ll have loved my lasagna recipes, I thought this recipe would fit right in.
These mini lasagna cups are way too much fun. They even have layers of deliciousness. They are pretty easy to put together too and require just a handful of ingredients. A lot easier to make and a lot more simple than a whole lasagna, but still the same great flavor. In fact, my son couldn’t get enough of these and said they were better than my regular lasagna.
I’ve chosen to make my lasagna cups using lasagna pasta sheets. If you need a fast, more simple option, you can always use wonton wrappers. Just slide one in the bottom and layer on meat sauce, cheese, and more meat sauce. You won’t get the same clean layers, but it would save you a few minutes. I still recommend spending the extra time to make the layers.
This recipe calls for ground Italian sausage. If you don’t eat pork, or need to stay away from sausage for other reasons, you can always use ground beef in the same amount. I recommend using a lean ground beef like 93/7 to cut down on the grease.
PRO TIP: Freshly shredded cheese melts a lot better than the pre-shredded bagged stuff you get in the grocery store. Why? Chemicals are added in with the pre-shredded cheese to keep it from clumping and sticking together as well as to prevent mold. These chemical interfere with melting. For best results, always use freshly shredded or grated cheese in recipes, particularly ones that involve melting.
Watch the video below for a visual demonstration along with tips and tricks along the way. I’ve included a great tip on getting all the tomato paste out of your can. It’s actually pretty cool so be sure to check it out! As always, you can check out my entire cooking show episode collection over on YouTube.
Mini Lasagna Cups
Mini Lasagna Cups
- 1 package lasagna noodles
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoons salt divided
- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a standard size muffin tin. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Cut 6 of them in half, lengthwise. Use a small cookie cutter to cut out 36 small circles from the remaining pasta.
- In a large skillet, cook ground sausage until cooked through, and no longer pink, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add in garlic, tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Line the bottom of each muffin cup with 1 of the cut out pasta circles. Curl each of the long strips into a ring to line the sides of each cup. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of sauce into the bottom of each muffin cup. Top with another layer of pasta circles and 1 tablespoon of ricotta mixture. Place remaining pasta circles on and another 1 tablespoon of meat sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbling and slightly browned. Serve hot.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!