The Best Blueberry Muffins are perfectly sweet, easy to make, and full of blueberry flavor. You’ll love this recipe from the world famous original Jordan Marsh department store muffins.
What is Jordan Marsh?
Jordan Marsh is a now defunct chain of department stores. They sold high end fashion, but were also well known for the blueberry muffins sold in their store cafe. This recipe is based off of the original Jordan Marsh blueberry muffins.
Can you use frozen blueberries to make blueberry muffins?
Yes you can! Thaw the berries by rinsing them under cold water. Pat them completely dry. You want to remove as much extra moisture as possible before using them in this muffin recipe.
How to keep muffins from sticking:
You can bake muffins directly in a muffin tin, or use paper liners. To keep the muffins from sticking, use a nonstick pan and lightly grease the pan with nonstick cooking spray. If using liners, spray the liners themselves with a light coating of nonstick cooking spray to keep the muffins from sticking to the wrapper.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other tasty muffin recipes:
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake Muffins
- Savory Bacon Cheddar Muffins
- Buttermilk Cornbread Muffins
- Cream Cheese Red Velvet Muffins
- Bacon Nutella Muffins
- Coconut Oil Bran Muffins
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Best Blueberry Muffins Ever
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Lightly grease paper liners with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together butter and sugar, about two minutes.
- Beat in eggs until combined. Add in the baking powder, salt, and vanilla and mix briefly.
- Add in half of flour, mix with hand mixer until just combined, then add in half of the milk. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and add in the remaining flour and milk, mixing in between additions.
- Add the blueberries to the batter and use a rubber spatula to gently fold them in.
- Divide the batter up amongst the 12 muffins. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar atop each muffin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan before removing them and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
*Recipe Adapted from the original Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins