Bacon flavored muffins, with a creamy Nutella center. You can’t go wrong combining bacon and Nutella!
Yes, I did that. I was just sitting on the couch one day and the idea popped in my head. What if I made a bacon muffin that was stuffed with Nutella? How could it not be spectacular? I have an absurd amount of Nutella in my pantry. I buy it in bulk at Costco and always have what seems to be an endless supply on hand. I have one of those 11 pound jars
on my Amazon wish list, but no one ever seems to take it seriously and actually buy it for me as a gift. Yes, I really do dream of having one! I promise, I’ll eat the whole thing! I just don’t mess around when it comes to my beloved jars of Nutella. I should pretty much be a spokesman for them.
So, when it comes to a recipe involving Nutella, you know I can produce something that will be spectacular. This recipe is no exception. A savory bacon muffin by itself is pure awesomeness, but when you stuff it with a bit of Nutella you’ve got a magical surprise waiting for you in the middle.
Bacon Nutella Muffins
- 1 pound bacon
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 12 heaping teaspoons Nutella
- Lay the bacon strips out on 2 baking sheets. Put into a cold oven. Set the oven to 400 degrees and set a timer for 20 minutes. The bacon will cook as the oven preheats After 20 minutes, check the bacon for doneness. You’ll want a crispy bacon for crumbling into the muffins. Add up to an additional 5 minutes if necessary. Once done, remove bacon from pans and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Reserve some of the bacon grease on the pans for later. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the batter by combining flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Stir in milk, egg, and bacon grease. Crumble bacon and add to mixture. Pour in melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin or use cupcake liners. Spoon in enough of the batter to cover the bottom of each muffin tin. Then, spoon a heaping teaspoon of Nutella into each muffin tin. Use the remaining batter to cover the Nutella.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until starting to brown. Remove muffins from tin and cool on a wire rack.