Sweet, buttermilk cornbread muffins that are super easy to make and super tasty too. It doesn’t get any easier!
I’ve got a man in the house that loves cornbread. Now, this recipe isn’t for true southern cornbread because it has sugar in it. But no worries, I’m a west coast gal born and raised and this is how we do it ’round here. Don’t get me wrong, I love that good southern corn bread, but these babies are west coast corn bread muffins and they are still delicious. They are simple to whip up, and since they are muffin style, they are even easier to serve. A dozen of these babies are easily devoured in our house. You can use this same recipe and bake it in a 9×13 pan, but we love the muffin style.
There’s a bonus recipe for orange honey butter at the end of this post. I can’t serve up cornbread muffins without honey butter! It’s just too dang tasty of a combination!
Be sure to watch the video where I walk you through every step of the recipe. Check out my YouTube page where you can find my cooking show-style channel. I have more than 100 episodes, so check some of them out! Subscribe to it (it’s free) and you’ll be able to easily find when I have a new video.
Easy Buttermilk Cornbread Muffins
Easy Buttermilk Corn Bread Muffins
Sweet, buttermilk cornbread muffins that are super easy to make and super tasty too. It doesn't get any easier!
Servings: 1 dozen muffins
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a muffin tin or line it with cupcake liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the melted butter with the sugar. Beat in the eggs until well blended.
- Add in the baking soda and then slowly pour in the buttermilk while you stir.
- Add in the cornmeal, flour, and salt and stir until well combined. Pour batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in the 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes, until the tops start to brown.
Calories: 2670kcal | Carbohydrates: 357g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 118g | Saturated Fat: 67g | Cholesterol: 597mg | Sodium: 2907mg | Potassium: 1091mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 148g | Vitamin A: 74.1% | Calcium: 37.1% | Iron: 67.2%
Don’t have buttermilk? Check out how to make a buttermilk substitute.
Orange Honey Butter
My Other Recipes
Orange Honey Butter
Servings: 1 /2 cup
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- zest of half an orange
- juice of half an orange
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to whip the ingredients until well combined.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!