Bran muffins that actually taste good! These muffins are made with coconut oil to bring extra goodness to the usually dull bran muffin.
Fiber! Fiber! Get your fiber! These muffins are full of fiber, but even better they are full of flavor. My doctor handed me a recipe for bran muffins when I was pregnant with my first child. I like bran cereal so I thought the muffins tasted okay, but it wasn’t the best and my husband definitely wouldn’t eat them. Over the years the recipe has evolved. This recipe is a bran muffin that actually tastes good! The key is the coconut oil. It provides a subtle coconut flavor to the muffins that gives it a new and improved taste. Who knew bran muffins could be so delicious?
Coconut Oil Bran Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups 100% all bran cereal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a medium sized mixing bowl soak bran cereal and buttermilk for about 10 minutes until it gets all soggy.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Add in melted coconut oil, egg, brown sugar, vanilla extract, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir thoroughly. This mixture will be very thick.
- Divide the batter equally among the 12 muffin holes, pressing the dough in lightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!