These Pistachio Muffins taste like they came from a bakery with their perfectly domed tops and delicious pistachio flavor.
How do you get a perfectly domed muffin top?
The secret to that perfectly domed muffin top is to blast the muffin batter with super high heat when you first place it into the oven, and then let it finish baking at a slightly lower temperature. The high heat causes the steam in the muffins to release quickly, making the muffin puff up and create that perfect dome on top. We start our muffins at 425 degrees F. After about 7 minutes, reduce the heat in the oven to 350 degrees F. Watch your muffins closely as they finish baking. Ovens vary slightly so your cooking time may vary as some ovens will brown the muffins more than others. Pull your muffins out of the oven as soon as they are golden brown on top.
How to keep muffins from sticking:
You can bake muffins directly in a muffin tin, or use paper liners. To keep the muffins from sticking, use a nonstick pan and lightly grease the pan with nonstick cooking spray. If using liners, spray the liners themselves with a light coating of nonstick cooking spray to keep the muffins from sticking to the wrapper.
If you like this recipe you may also be interested in these other delicious muffin recipes:
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Bakery Style Pistachio Muffins
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3.4 ounce package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar for topping optional
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together melted butter with sugar, about 1 minute. Add in eggs and vanilla extract and beat until just combined.
- Add in pistachio pudding mix, baking powder, salt, and milk. Mix to combine. Add in all-purpose flour and mix until flour has been incorporated.
- Divide batter amongst each muffin cup, filling 3/4 full. Sprinkle tops with sugar crystals (optional).
- Bake in the preheated 425 degree oven for 7 minutes. After 7 minutes, reduce the heat in the oven to 350 degrees F and continue baking 10 minutes, until muffin is cooked all the way through. Remove from muffin tin and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!