Easy Lemon Herb Baked Chicken Breast is a quick meal that is healthy and oh so delicious! It is perfect for busy schedules or just because it is so good!
Chicken is awesome for a quick meal and healthy protein. It can be dressed in so many different ways. We love this lemon herb recipe because it has a little tang and is also savory and filling. We also love this recipe because it is so easy and quick to make. It is seriously a mystery how we get so much flavor out of this simple recipe. It’s great, too, because you can make the marinade in the morning and let the flavor soak in all day and then bake it up, super quick whenever you’re ready to eat. Brilliant!
You will start this recipe by making a quick marinade for the chicken of lemon juice and herbs. You will let this marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours. This is great because you can start it in the morning, and have it ready to bake by dinner time. After that, it is as simple as placing the chicken breasts on a baking pan, layering lemon slices over the top, and baking for about 20 minutes. Voila! Garnish and enjoy. This is so simple and scrumptious. You’re going to love it!
How do you keep chicken from drying out while baking?
The secret to juicy baked chicken breast is to cook it at a high temperature, blasting it with heat over a short period of time. Using a meat thermometer will also keep you from overbaking your chicken which is the most common way to dry out meat.
Can I use other cuts of chicken for this recipe?
Yes. You could you chicken thighs too or even drumsticks. You’ll need to adjust the cooking time for other cuts of chicken as dark meat takes longer to cook When using another cut of chicken, be sure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Are the baked, sliced lemons edible?
Yes. Not only do the lemons add amazing flavor to the chicken, but they taste amazing themselves. Try one and fall in love with the intense lemon flavor!
Can I make this ahead of time?
The marinade can be made fresh up to 8 hours ahead, but it isn’t as good for freezing and thawing, as this will result in dry chicken with poor texture. Same day is best.
If you’re looking for some other easy and delicious chicken recipes, here are some that you will love:
- Best Baked Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Traditional Chicken Salad
- The Best Baked Chicken Nuggets
- Easy Garlic Lime Grilled Chicken Tacos
- Cheesy Herb Stuffed Chicken
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Easy Lemon Herb Baked Chicken Breast
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large lemon thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Pour in lemon juice, olive oil, lemon pepper, basil, oregano, and salt. Shake it a bit so that all the chicken gets covered.
- Let marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place in a 9×13 pan. Discard any remaining marinade. Place lemon slices on top.
- Cook chicken for 18-20 minutes, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve hot. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley (optional).