Easy Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Cupcakes are a delicious twist on your standard cupcake. It’s a strawberry swirled mini cheesecake that sits on top of a lemon cookie. What’s not to love?
As far as I can tell, Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes originated with Martha Stewart’s Cupcake cookbook back in 2009. Since then it’s been a popular dessert ever since. I decided to give my own twist on it, and instead of cookies and cream, I have given it my own lemon strawberry twist.
Can I Eat These Warm?
Of course, you can, but just like cheesecake it better served cold. In fact, I would even refrigerate them a little bit before I even bit into them.
Can I Use a Different Jam?
Yes, you can. We think strawberry jam goes the best though with the lemon sandwich cookies. If you do have a whole bunch of jams already in your fridge it could be a fun experiment to make cheesecake cupcakes with different flavors.
What kind of sandwich cookie should I use?
In the photos and video we used a lemon Oreo cookie as our cookie base. We found that it gave the best flavor combination. Lemon paired with strawberry is a winner! You may also use vanilla Oreos (or their off-brand generic counterparts) or even regular Oreos. If you are looking for a cheesecake cupcake recipe that will solve your chocolate craving with these Fudge Swirled Oreo Bottom Cheesecake Cupcakes.
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Easy Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 18 lemon sandwich cookies
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Place a lemon sandwich cookie in the bottom of each one.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Beat in vanilla extract, eggs, sour cream, and salt. Continue beating until combined and smooth.
- Spoon about 2 heaping tablespoons of cheesecake batter to each muffin cup to fill ¾ full.
- Warm the strawberry jam in the microwave for 20 seconds and stir. Place a scant teaspoon of warm jam into each cupcake. Use a toothpick or butter knife to gently swirl the jam into the cheesecake mix.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes until filling is set. Cool completely in the tin before removing. Store in refrigerator.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!