Easy Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Cupcakes are a delicious twist on your standard cupcake. It’s a strawberry swirled mini cheesecake that sits on top of a lemon cookie. What’s not to love?
We are always looking for new ways to add cheesecake to our favorite dessert recipes. That tangy sweetness is just to die for, and we simply can’t get enough! While we could happily eat plain cheesecake by the forkful all day long, we also love to experiment with different flavors to compliment it. Strawberry and lemon are a classic flavor combination, and what we thought was perfect by itself suddenly becomes even more perfect. Whip these up for your next party, and everyone will be begging for the recipe.
Can I eat Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Cupcakes warm?
Of course you can, but just like cheesecake, it better served cold. In fact, we would still refrigerate them a little bit before even attempting to bite into them.
We think strawberry jam pairs so well with the lemon sandwich cookies, but you can always experiment and try out different types of jam. If you have a whole bunch of jams already in your fridge, it could be a fun experiment to make cheesecake cupcakes with different flavors.
What kind of sandwich cookie should I use?
In the photos and video we used a lemon Oreo cookie as our cookie base. We found that it gave the best flavor combination. Lemon paired with strawberry is a winner! You may also use vanilla Oreos (or their off-brand generic counterparts) or even regular Oreos. If you are looking for a cheesecake cupcake recipe that will solve your chocolate craving, you must try these Fudge Swirled Oreo Bottom Cheesecake Cupcakes.
Store your cheesecake cupcakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious cupcake recipes:
- Creme Brûlée Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Funfetti Birthday Cupcakes
- Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes
- Most Amazing Red Velvet Cupcakes
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Easy Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 18 lemon sandwich cookies
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Place a lemon sandwich cookie in the bottom of each one.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Beat in vanilla extract, eggs, sour cream, and salt. Continue beating until combined and smooth.
- Spoon about 2 heaping tablespoons of cheesecake batter to each muffin cup to fill ¾ full.
- Warm the strawberry jam in the microwave for 20 seconds and stir. Place a scant teaspoon of warm jam into each cupcake. Use a toothpick or butter knife to gently swirl the jam into the cheesecake mix.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes until filling is set. Cool completely in the tin before removing. Store in refrigerator.