Fudge Swirled Oreo Bottom Cheesecake Cupcakes are a delicious twist on your standard cupcake. It’s a fudge swirled mini cheesecake that sits on top of an Oreo cookie. What’s not to love?
These cupcakes are “scrumdiddlyumptious!” to quote one of my favorite childhood movies. You have cheesecake with a fudge chocolate swirl to please all the chocolate lovers, and it is sitting on top of an Oreo cookie, hello Oreo lovers! I’m both a chocolate lover and an Oreo lover, so of course I’m going to rave about this recipe!
As far as I can tell, Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes originated with Martha Stewart’s Cupcake cookbook back in 2009. Since then so many bloggers have added it to their websites. I decided to give my own twist on it, and instead of cookies and cream, I’d add in a swirl of my amazing Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce. The results were spectacular!
What kind of hot fudge sauce should I use?
I’ve used my Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce in this recipe because nothing store bought can compare to it. When you make it with good quality chocolate chips like Guittard (my favorite), then you’ve really got something special. You can certainly use store bought if you don’t feel like making your own, but seriously, give my recipe for homemade a try sometime because it’s out of this world delicious.
Replace Fudge with Nutella
Nutella lover? This recipe also works with Nutella instead of hot fudge sauce! That’s right, you can swirl Nutella right in and combine it with cheesecake and Oreo goodness. That’s spectacular news for any Nutella lover like myself. In fact, this recipe was heavily inspired by my No Bake Nutella Cheesecake Bars.
Double Stuff or Regular Oreos?
I’ve used Double Stuff Oreos in this recipe. Not only do I have a strong preference for double stuff for regular eating, I also find that it gives a more pleasant base to this cupcake. I want that extra creamy goodness in my cookie base. The Oreo ends up just a tad moist which makes me feel like I’ve dipped my cookie in some milk….which is exactly the way I eat my Oreos.
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Fudge Swirled Oreo Bottom Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 18 Double Stuff Oreos
- 2 8oz packages cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup hot fudge sauce
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Place an Oreo in the bottom of each one.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Beat in vanilla extract, eggs, sour cream, and salt. Continue beating until combined and smooth.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of cheesecake batter to each muffin cup.
- Warm the hot fudge sauce in the microwave for 20 seconds. Place a scant teaspoon of hot fudge into each cupcake. Add another tablespoon of cheesecake batter on top, filling the cupcake liner. Use a toothpick or butterknife to gently swirl the fudge into the cheesecake mix.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes until filling is set. Cool completely in the tin before removing. Store in refrigerator.