All of the delicious flavors of creme brûlée in an easy to make mini cheesecake cupcake. You’ll love these delicious little single serve desserts!
What if I don’t have a torch? Can you use a lighter instead of a torch for creme brûlée?
Not every stay at home chef will own a brûlée torch. A common question then is: can a person use a lighter or even a candle instead to caramelize the sugar. The short and simple answer is no. Lighters and candles do not produce enough heat to caramelize the sugar evenly or in a timely manner. If you personally do not own a brûlée torch you can also broil the creme brûlée using the broiler setting in your oven. With this method you will need to be careful and watch very closely so that the sugar does not burn.
Can Creme Brûlée Cheesecake Cupcakes be made in advance?
These creme brûlée cheesecake cupcakes can be made two to three days in advance, but there is a catch. To make these ahead of time simply store the cupcakes in the fridge before you sprinkle the fine sugar on them and caramelize it with the kitchen torch. Then when you are ready to eat, pull out the cupcakes, sprinkle on the fine sugar, and use a kitchen torch to caramelize the sugar.
If you like this recipe, you may also be interested in my other cheesecake desserts:
- No Bake Nutella Swirl Cheesecake Bars
- Fudge Swirled Oreo Bottom Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Perfect New York Cheesecake
- Easy Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Cupcakes
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Creme Brûlée Cheesecake Cupcakes
Graham Cracker Crust
- 9 graham crackers 1 sleeve, finely crushed
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup super fine sugar
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Make your graham cracker crust by stirring together crushed graham crackers with sugar and melted butter. Divide crush amongst cupcake liners and press into the bottom.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Beat in vanilla extract, egg, egg yolks, sour cream, and salt. Continue beating until combined and smooth.
- Spoon cheesecake batter into each cupcake liner until 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes until filling is set. Cool completely in the tin before removing.
- After cupcakes have cooled, remove from wrappers. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of super fine sugar on top of each one. Use a kitchen torch to caramelize sugar, or line up on a try and place under broiler setting in oven. Watch closely, rotating as needed until the sugar is caramelized.. Serve chilled.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!