Easy Strawberry Salsa will have everyone raving at your next party! People love the fresh, fruity zing from this tasty fruit salsa!
Strawberry season starts in early May and runs until the end of July which means the tastiest, most succulent strawberries you can buy can only be found during those months. However, ever changing agricultural methods and the incredible availability of shipping make strawberries available year round. These “off season” strawberries will be more on the crunchy, less sweet side making them perfect to use in a salsa where the acidity of the lime juice and tomato will help break down the fruit making it a bit softer. Adding sugar to crunchy strawberries will also combat the out of season problems and add sweetness and soften them up in their own juices.
If you like this salsa, you may be interested in some of our other unique salsa recipes:
- Blueberry Bell Pepper Salsa
- Avocado Fennel Salsa
- Jicama Salsa
- Strawberry Pineapple Salsa
- Cranberry Salsa
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Easy Strawberry Salsa
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/4 red onion finely diced
- 1/2 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup freshly torn cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Allow to sit at least 1 hour. Keeps in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Serve with chips, eat it over a quesadilla, or simply eat it with a spoon!