Cranberry Salsa is an amazing holiday appetizer that is pretty taste served over cream cheese. Fresh cranberries are minced up with jalapeno into a healthy, fresh, and vibrant salsa.
Fresh cranberries are minced up into a healthy, fresh, and vibrant salsa. It’s served best over a brick of cream cheese with some crackers. I like to use wheat thins, but you can use Ritz or pretty much any other cracker. You can even use tortilla chips!
The first time I had this salsa was more than 10 years ago when my aunt brought it to a family party. It was devoured and became an instant legend. I brought it to a holiday party 5 years ago and I still get emails asking me for the recipe. It’s a hit every single time!
How do I prepare fresh cranberries?Fresh cranberries are commonly sold in the grocery store in 12 ounce packages. They are most often found in the fall right after the cranberry harvest. When working with fresh cranberries, rinse them under cold water. Run your fingers through the cranberries and pick out any that are soft or mushy. Rinse the cranberries again and proceed to use them in your recipe.
How do I use fresh ginger?This recipe calls for fresh ginger. When using ginger it is easiest to cut off any knarled spots before peeling. Once peeled you can grate it easily on a hand grater. Once it gets down to a nubbin of stringiness just toss the stringy mess away.
What do I serve cranberry salsa with?A common and popular way to serve cranberry salsa is over a brick of cream cheese. You can also serve it up plain as you would any salsa. It pairs well with Wheat Thins, Ritz crackers, and tortilla chips.
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
- 12 oz cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 jalapeños minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves minced
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Place crushed cranberries in a bowl; mix together with green onions, jalapeños, cilantro leaves, and ginger. Pour lemon juice and sugar over and stir together.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate and allow flavors to develop. It will be a bit tart begin with, but as it is allowed to sit it will develop even more flavor.
- Can be served as a plain salsa, but is amazing served over cream cheese with crackers.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!