Strawberry Pineapple Salsa will have everyone raving at your next party! People love the fresh, fruity zing from this tasty fruit salsa!
Summer time is here! Time to break out the salsas, and what better way to do that than with fruit salsa. It combines the goodness of salsa, with the fresh taste of fruit. Doesn’t that just scream summer? I love strawberry salsa, I love pineapple salsa, so why not combine the two? It’s super delicious with a delightfully fresh zing.
How do you choose a pineapple at the grocery store?
First, choose a pineapple that is on the larger size. This will yield more fruit and less waste. Second, gently tug on the top leaves of the pineapple. If they pull out easily, then your pineapple is ripe. Pineapple should not be wrinkled, bruised, or soft at all. These are signs of an overripe or damaged pineapple.
We love the hint of heat the jalapeño brings to this salsa. You can always omit the jalapeño if you are sensitive to spice, or even add more jalapeño if you want it extra spicy!
Can I use dried cilantro in Strawberry Pineapple Salsa?
In a salsa recipe like this, you really want to use fresh cilantro. Dried simply won’t be the same.
Store your salsa in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other fruity recipes:
- Blueberry and Red Bell Pepper Salsa
- Jicama Salsa
- Cranberry Salsa
- Mango Chile Tilapia
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
- 1 pineapple peeled
- 1 pound strawberries
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1/2 red onion minced
- 1/2 jalapeno minced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Remove the peel and core from the pineapple and dice the fruit into a small, 1/4-inch dice. Place into a large mixing bowl.
- Hull the strawberries, and dice into a small, 1/4-inch dice. Add to bowl with pineapple.
- Dice the tomatoes into a 1/4 inch dice as well and toss with pineapple and strawberries.
- Add minced onion and jalapeno to bowl along with cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Keeps in the refrigerator 24 hours.