Summer time is here! Time to break out the salsas, and what better way to do that than with fruit salsa. It combines the goodness of salsa, with the fresh taste of fruit. Doesn’t that just scream summer? I love strawberry salsa, I love pineapple salsa, so why not combine the two? It’s super delicious with a delightfully fresh zing.
How do you choose a pineapple at the grocery store?
First, choose a pineapple that is on the larger size. This will yield more fruit and less waste. Second, gently tug on the top leaves of the pineapple. If they pull out easily, then your pineapple is ripe. Pineapple should not be wrinkled, bruised, or soft at all. These are signs of an overripe or damaged pineapple.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other fruity recipes:
- Blueberry and Red Bell Pepper Salsa
- Jicama Salsa
- Cranberry Salsa
- Mango Chile Tilapia
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
- 1 pineapple, peeled
- 1 pound strawberries
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ red onion, minced
- ½ jalapeno, minced
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Remove the peel and core from the pineapple and dice the fruit into a small, ¼-inch dice. Place into a large mixing bowl.
- Hull the strawberries, and dice into a small, ¼-inch dice. Add to bowl with pineapple.
- Dice the tomatoes into a ¼ inch dice as well and toss with pineapple and strawberries.
- Add minced onion and jalapeno to bowl along with cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Keeps in the refrigerator 24 hours.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!